Ready to use aqueous solution containing 200mg/mL oxytetracycline for the treatment of infections caused by bacteria sensitive to oxytetracycline when for practical or economic reasons, repeated animal handling and dosing is not feasible.
Oxytetrin LA is a broad-spectrum oxytetracycline for long-acting use, containning 200mg/mL oxytetracycline. Oxytetrin LA avoids repeated handling and dosing of animals.
For the treatment and control of infectious diseases of cattle, sheep and pigs caused by organisms sensitive to tetracyclines.
- Infections of the respiratory tract (pneumonia)
- Urogenital tract infections (mastitis, metritis, cystitis)
- Alimentary tract infection (enteritis)
- Wounds and abscesses
- Joint infections.
Oxytetrin LA is of particular value when, for practical or economic reasons, repeated handling and dosing of the animal is not feasible.
- Active against a wide range of Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, and certain rickettsiae
- Peak antibacterial levels are achieved in 4–8 hours following i/m injection (suitable for acute infections)
- Persistent blood levels are provided for up to 3 days, thus avoiding repeated animal handling.
AVAILABLE ONLY UNDER VETERINARY AUTHORISATION